IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT CITRUS DONATIONS
United Food Bank Citrus Acceptance Policy for 2017 Citrus Season
Citrus gleaning is a long-standing program for United Food Bank and provides a great opportunity to qualified homeowners in Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Apache Junction, and Queen Creek to donate their excess ripe fruit while helping hungry people in their community.
Due to the Department of Agriculture’s expansion of the Asian Citrus Psyllid quarantine across the entire state of Arizona, Food Banks in Arizona, including United Food Bank, CAN now accept citrus donations from the public.
Citrus Donations –
UFB will be accepting Citrus until Feb 24th at our Nina Warehouse located at 245 S. Nina Drive, Mesa, AZ 85210.
What type of Citrus do you have?
- Grapefruit must be 4 inches in diameter or larger.
- Oranges must be 3 inches or larger
- Tangerine must be 2.5 inches or larger
- Lemons must be 2 inches or larger.
How many trees do you have?
- 1 tree – UFB suggests donating to a nearby partner agency close to your home, or citrus can be dropped off at UFB: Hours are 9-11am and 1-3pm.
- For large quantity citrus donations, UFB offers a Bin and Pallet Package – Large Bin and pallet for $10. Donor sets up bin and pallet themselves.
- Bin and pallets can be picked up at our Nina Warehouse located at 245 South Nina in Mesa. Payments may be made via phone by calling (480) 3984-4448 and picked up at the Nina Warehouse loading dock.
Please purchase bin and pallets before picking large amounts of citrus. After the Citrus is picked and bins are filled, United Food Bank will schedule a pick-up.
Please call (480) 398-4444 to schedule a pick-ups of full bins and pallets. Set up citrus pick-ups at least 48 hours in advance of desired pick-up date.
- Pickups will be scheduled Monday – Friday 12:00 P.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Please note pallets with bins on top need to be placed on cement where our trucks and drivers can access and load with a pallet jack.